- Decide where baby sleeps best. There is no right or wrong place for babies to sleep. Wherever all family members sleep the best is the right arrangement for you and your baby. Some babies sleep best in their own crib in their own room, some sleep better in their own bassinet or crib in the parents’ bedroom, other babies sleep best snuggled right next to mommy in the parents’ bed. Many parents prefer a co-sleeper arrangement. Realistically, most parents use various sleeping arrangements at various stages during the infant’s first two years. Be open to changing styles as baby’s developmental needs and your family situation changes. Continue reading
Over the years of putting our own children to sleep and keeping them asleep, and counseling thousands of other moms and dads on various styles of nighttime parenting, here are some time-tested, proven attitudes and techniques. Most of these are applicable to infants and toddlers of all ages. Continue reading
Any excess healthy embryos from the in vitro fertilization (IVF) process can be frozen, in case more than one treatment cycle is needed. Freezing embryos, also known as cryopreservation, takes place for some 60% of all patients having IVF treatment. Cryopreservation of embryos is the process of preserving an embryo at sub-zero temperatures, generally at an embryogenesis stage corresponding to pre-implantation, that is, from fertilisation to the blastocyst stage. Continue reading
A miscarriage is the spontaneous loss of a fetus before the 20th week of pregnancy. (Pregnancy losses after the 20th week are called preterm deliveries.)
A miscarriage may also be called a “spontaneous abortion.” This refers to naturally occurring events, not medical abortions or surgical abortions. Continue reading
What is intrauterine insemination (IUI)?
Intrauterine insemination (IUI) is an infertility treatment that is often called artificial insemination. In this procedure, the woman is injected with specially prepared sperm. Sometimes the woman is also treated with medicines that stimulate ovulation before IUI.
IUI is often used to treatâ€”
- Mild male factor infertility
- Women who have problems with their cervical mucus
- Couples with unexplained infertility Continue reading
How long should women try to get pregnant before calling their doctors?
Most experts suggest at least one year. Women aged 35 years or older should see their doctors after six months of trying. A woman’s chances of having a baby decrease rapidly every year after the age of 30. Continue reading
Female Condoms at a Glance
- A pouch inserted into the vagina to prevent pregnancy
- Reduces the risk of sexually transmitted infection
- Can be used for vaginal and anal intercourse
- Safe, effective, and convenient
- Easy to get
- Cost about $4 each Continue reading
There are so many different types of contraception available that you should be able to find the right method for you. But you may have to try several different things before you choose the one you like most.
We have reached the stage where unplanned pregnancies really should be rare, because of the range of good methods of birth control.
At present, there are 14 reliable ones. Continue reading
For maximum accuracy, follow the kit’s directions to the letter. However, if the instructions say to test your first urine of the day, you may want to test your second catch instead. Your urine can become concentrated overnight and might give you a false-positive result.
Your cycle starts on the first day you have your period. If you have a 28-day cycle, start using the test on day 11 and use it for six days, or however many days the manufacturer recommends. If your cycle runs between 27 and 34 days, your ovulation may range between days 13 and 20. Start testing on day 11 and continue until day 20 or so. If you have an irregular cycle, you may find that this is the least satisfying way for you to detect your ovulation, because some of the kits â€” which range in price from $20 to $50 â€” provide only five to nine days’ worth of tests. You may need to buy more than one kit a month. Continue reading
It can work out that you just get pregnant without any ovulation prediction methods, but in order to get pregnant faster most couples need to focus more and find out the very best times to have intercourse in order to speed up the process. Knowing your date of ovulation and getting pregnant more quickly go hand in hand. Ovulation test kits are very beneficial to determine when you’re ovulating. We’ll discuss these as well as other ovulation detector methods.
First, let’s discuss what ovulation is. Continue reading