Bone cancer facts
- The majority of cancer involving the bones is metastatic disease from other remote cancers. Primary bone cancer is much rarer.
- Not all bone tumors are cancerous.
- The most common symptom of bone cancer is pain. The pain is usually mild initially and gradually becomes more intense.
- Treatment of bone cancer includes a combination of surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.
- Treatment is based on the size and location of the cancer and whether or not the cancer has spread from the bone to surrounding tissues. Continue reading